Thursday, February 11, 2010

Jon Manasse, my cousin, plays Mozart for Seattle Symphony Orchestra


Go to this website (http://kbaq.org/music/cdreviews/20100124.) to hear Jon playing Mozart. Jon Manasse is my first cousin Helen' s son. Helen is the daughter of one of my Mother's (all 4 deceased) 3 sisters. They were very close especially in the younger years. I have always enjoyed his brilliant clarinet sound. Thanks Jon. I also have the disk of same. Jon teaches at Julliard and at Rochester University in the Music School. He graduated from Julliard. He often works with a pianist Jon Nakamatsu where they play as the Manasse/Nakamatsu Duo. They are both co-Directors of the Cap Cod Chamber Music Festival. Manasse plays solo concerts around the world.

1 comment:

sharon raphael said...

QUOTE (interest76 @ Mar 5 2010, 09:30 PM)
I'm surprised that Parker thinks she is now "More American" because she has ancestors from New England. She was born in this country and that's what makes her an American. If anything, it is how you love and respect this country that says just how much an American you are.

taken from NBC commentary from public