Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Mina is home

Mina came home on Monday Dec 14.
I spent the day before preparing the house
for her return, shopping etc.

I am exhausted already as Mina needs lots
of physical help transferring from bed to wheelchair
and wheelchair to bathroom toilet. Also just dealing
Bed rails and wherlchair etc. Is not easy.

We have a CalPers policy that pays for
A CNA or caregiver person. So we are
Checking out different options , online and by
Phone.

Overall, most of time we are doing fine and
Mina will be able to walk on her own in a few
Weeks. By Feb hopefully this ordeal will be behind her
and us.


From my iPod plus.
SRaphael

2 comments:

beahaven said...

I am so happy to see that Mina is better. A caregiver will be a great help to you. It took me a while to master the techniques of transferring my friend from wheelchair to bed or auto or even to use the bathroom. I am sure you two will learn what works best for your situation. All the best to both of you.

sharon raphael said...

Thanks Bea.

We are hanging in there. I am not used to hard physical work that caregivers and housekeepers do.
Sometimes I feel it is good for me as it will make me stronger but looks like a CNA is the best option. I am sure I will continue doing some of what I am doing,But being overworked makes me testy. Mina does as much as she is able and more so. Today she made us chicken sandwiches to take to Kaiser as she had a medical appt. She did it from her wheelchair. It really helped out as I had so much to do all at once.

Sharon

Sharon