Monday, April 30, 2007

I like Dennis Kucinich


I listened to Dennis Kucinich, (U.S. Congressioanl Representative from Ohio, running for President,) at the Democratic Party Debate that was televised this past weekend and today. I also saw him interviewed by Bill Maher's Real Time Show tonight MOnday April 29th. I left Cleveland around the time that Dennis Kucinich became the Mayor of Cleveland and was sorry I missed his exciting years there. He obviously shook up the establishment then and continues to do so to this day. He is obviously a courageous man and stands up for his pacifist beliefs. I agree with most of his views. Maher pointed out that what he had to say on his show seemed quite sane, the idea that we should get out of Iraq and never should have gone there, the idea that the U.S.A. should not be starting Wars (We should be ending Wars), the idea that we should be supporting a United Nations and a more humane global point of view, that we should try to stop global warming, all good stuff, yet so many people think of Kucinich as on the fringe. I noticed Kucinich has taken Barak Obama to task for buying into the hawkish concept that Iran is now our mortal enemy using the same kind of faulty evidence that was used to launch the War in Iraq. Kucinich is definitely a man of and for the people. I am thinking I should give him my vote if his name appears on the California ballot in the primary. Well I am thinking about it. Let's say that.

1 comment:

sharon raphael said...

I am glad to see that Police Chief Bratton and Mayor Villaraigosa seem to be taking the police overreaction to the immigration rally on May Day situation in LA seriously. Bratton has already said the action seemed
inappropriate and Villaraigosa is cutting his trip short to come back and look into the issue. Although both men were a little slow on the upbeat at first, playing the careful game, I think things are changing now. I hope so.

Sharon Raphael