Saturday, April 29, 2006

Update and Correction about Reggie The Alligator: Will He/She Become Legend

Since I wrote the article below on" I am in a Tizzy about Reggie The Alligator" I found out certain statement made in the article are not necessarily correct. For one, I stated that Reggie was seen sunbathing at the golf course next to Machado Lake. It turns out that a worker at the site likely saw an indentation in the ground that came from a trap that authorities had set for Reggie and interpreted that to mean that Reggie had made the impression. I also said that Reggie was out of hibernation. Experts doubt this statement and think from what I have read that he is probably still in hibernation.

This is all good news as I was concerned that if Reggie was freely roaming around a golf course he could do harm to someone especially if that someone harassed Reggie or tired to grab him. anyway it put my mind at ease for the moment. It will be interesting to see what happens next. Here is to the best of all outcomes for Reggie whatever that might happen to be. I know one thing for sure if Reggie never gets caught, he will become a legend in her/his own time and generations of kids and others will pass the story on as Reggie becomes part of the folklore at and beyond Machado Lake.

Sharon Raphael

No comments: