Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Review of Fat Actress Show (Showtime)

I must admit I have been watching Kirsty Alley's new Show Fat Actress with some trepidation. As an overweight person myself and a feminist, I hate to see women who are heavier than the expected norm desires shown in a negative way or viewed for the laughs. But I have noticed with each vewing that I have become drawn in and tonite was the clincher. Whoever is writing the scripts is brillliant (probably Kirsty herself has a lot to do with the content). The entire production is a satire and the show I saw that features Kirsty inviting little people to her home in a misguided attempt to lose weight based on a Professor Oy's Theory of Koi which says size is related to the size of people and size of the space in which you live is making fun not of fat women or fat people in general but at the absurd way society drives fat women in particular to go to desperate lengths to lose weight. The whole concept and creation of this Doctor Oy and his Strange Koi Theory was silly beyond imagination and hysterically funny. I think this show will become a classic. Kirsty Alley, You are terrific! What a brilliant idea.

No comments: